Monday, September 12, 2011

Panagiota Bakouti. The Chelsea International Fine Art Competition Exhibition 2011

Milk-ar TV Projekt. Photograph on Glossy Paper

August 19 - September 9, 2011

530 West 25th St., Chelsea, New York

Reception: Thursday August 25, 2011

It’s August at Agora Gallery, and that can mean only one thing – the Chelsea International Fine Art Competition Exhibition! Agora Gallery is proud to host this event annually, showcasing powerfulpetition’s jucontemporary works chosen by the comror.

Aftermoon-ar TV Projekt. Photograph on Glossy Paper

Artist Statement

The idea for my current series of works was born when I was traveling in Japan. My contact with a completely different culture, where information comes in a form that reminds one of colorful comics, gave me the stimulus to record the things around me with my camera, like a kind of optical anthropology. My main focus is on the way in which optical representation is connected with culture and society. I capture the already existing pictures of communication media – television, commercial advertisements – and afterwards I redefine them artistically, with a different interpretation of their use. Collage, photography, painting and the application of new technology are my expressive mediums.

Agora Gallery :

http://www.agora-gallery.com/ExhibitionAnnouncement/The_8_19_2011.aspx

http://www.agora-gallery.com/artistpage/Panagiota_Bakouti.aspx


Video :